top of page
Fri, Mar 05|
VIRTUAL SPRING CONFERENCE
Join us for LIASCD’s 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration (Virtually) Discovering the Diamond in the Rough: Education’s New Normal
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Mar 05, 2021, 8:45 AM – 12:00 PM
About the Event
- 8:45 AM Welcome & Introductions
- 9:00 AM Pasi Sahlberg
- No one knows the story of Finland’s education successes better than Pasi Sahlberg, author of Finnish Lessons 3.0: What can the world learn from education change in Finland?(2021, TC Press) Former Director General in Finland’s Education Ministry, Sahlberg now guides policy makers across the globe in exploring how investing in teachers and instruction can foster both excellence and equity. His timely message of hope, vision, and strategies will also shed light on teaching and learning during the pandemic and can point us toward a new (and possibly renewed) era in American education.
- 10:00 AM Commissioner of Education Dr. Betty A. Rosa & Deputy Commissioner Dr. Kimberly Young Wilkins
- Regent Roger B. Tilles will introduce Dr. Betty A. Rosa is the Commissioner of Education and President of the University of the State of New York (USNY). In this role, she oversees the work of more than 700 school districts with 3.2 million students; 7,000 libraries; 900 museums; and more than 50 professions encompassing nearly 900,000 licensees.
- Dr. Kimberly Young Wilkins is currently the Deputy Commissioner of P-12, Instructional Support, New York State Education Department since June 2019. Prior to this appointment, Dr. Young Wilkins was the Assistant Commissioner for the Office of Innovation and School Reform, from 2017 to 2019.
- 11:00 AM Dr. Romie Mushtaq
- Dr. Romie Mushtaq, MD has over 20 years of authority in neurology, integrative medicine, and mindfulness. She is a leading physician on a mission to transform the brain health of companies, leaders, and organizations. After undergoing life-saving surgery herself, Dr. Romie traveled around the world learning mindfulness-based techniques. She now speaks and consults with Fortune 500 companies, professional athletes, and global associations.
- 11:50 PM Closing Remarks
LIASCD Spring Conference
LIASCD’s 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration Discovering the Diamond in the Rough: Education’s New Normal
bottom of page